The Programs Officer will be responsible for supporting the implementation of PNAfrica’s programs in Sierra Leone. The successful candidate will work closely with PNAfrica’s program team to plan, implement, and evaluate PNAfrica’s programs in Sierra Leone.
The Programs Officer will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including Parliament, Parliamentary Monitoring Organizations (PMOs), the media, civil society and other partners.
The applicant should have a minimum working experience of two to three years with civil society, media and/or Parliament, and tertiary education qualifications in any relevant field of studies.
Reports to: Country Programs Manager for Sierra Leone.
1. Coordinate the entire project and event cycle, from idealization to completion, and leading the development of innovative ideas in Sierra-Leone.
2. Initiate, coordinate, and support research activities throughout the organization, collaborating with project teams, partners, and consultants.
3. Support fundraising and the organization’s business development and resource mobilization efforts, from start to finish, to achieve annual targets and ensure long-term sustainability of our country program.
4. Work with the communications team in creating impactful web stories, social media content, and other communication strategies to make known our impact, influence fundraising and enhance visibility.
5. Represent the organization as a respected ambassador and identifying opportunities to build lasting relationships that expand our portfolio of partners and amplify our impact in the country.
6. Monitor sittings of Parliaments and parliamentary activities as assigned, and produce regular reports and legislative alerts to inform strategies.
7. Manage administrative tasks, as well as preparing various reports and proposals to ensure accountability and transparency.
8. Undertake any other duties as assigned by senior leadership.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and Cover letters with the subject “Programs Officer – Sierra Leone” to email@example.com. Applications must be received not later than April 25, 2025 to be considered.